And another one.. 2014

So fitness used to be my thing. I liked the gym. My social life revolved around it. used to think my 150 lbs were problematic. Notice how everything is in the past tense. Fast forward 5 years and here I am. Baking is my thing. I hate the gym. It interferes with my down time. Now 150 lbs is my goal weight... long term.
So what changed? I did apparently. A lot. A whole lot,  and now I am trying to change back. And just a few weeks before my wedding...
I know what you're thinking.  It is too late for that now, right? I agree. This is not about my wedding day. When I tried to lose for that I failed miserably.  In fact, I gained like 10 pounds.  I'm a stress eater. Wedding planning+full time job+masters courses+thesis+trying to lose weight = disaster. I failed in a BIG way.
So truth time.  I now weigh 216 Lbs.  Yikes. I only weighed 186 when I met my fiancĂ© less than a year ago (it was fast I know, but that is topic for another blog). That means 30 lbs in less than a year. I'm a mess. I need an intervention,  right?  No, I need a challenge.
So I found one; a challenge that is. Who needs another challenge,  right?  I mean,  my whole life is a challenge.  When I'm getting married, teach middle school,  and writing a thesis,  your whole life is a challenge.  You try and lose weight while testing caterers, having cake tastings, teacher appreciation breakfasts, and  late night study sessions packed with caffeine.
Come on! This is hard! 

Comments

Popular Posts