Politics For Sale?

With the election season finally over, I feel like I can finally talk about the whole mess. I realize that everyone, including me, is so do with the elections, but I just have one question to ask. Seriously? Do we really have to treat our political system like a Walmart? Why are people being elected based on who has the best commercials? I am pretty disgusted with the entire thing to be completely honest. The American people don't need this. Californians really don't need this, and I'm sure that the political system as a whole could live without it.




I just don't get it. Why am I being sold political ideals and candidates between the McDonald's ad and New's at eleven. I know, I know, that's supposed to be the only way to get American's to notice or pay any attention to politics. That leads to my next question. America, why are we taking our political opinions from 60 second commervial breaks? When I went in to vote, I felt an astounding sadness. There were several people there asking for the ballot booklet so they could read up on the propositions... while they voted. Seriously? You haven't taken the time to look into the issues or candidates before the election, even after the media circus? I often formulate my opinions based on who is funding the propositions. For me, that can occasionally pull the swing vote on my opinion. What do the uninformed do, flip a coin? Maybe they play eenie meenie minie moe.

I guess what I'm saying in the end id, if our political system has become as cheap as retail marketing, then why are we buying it? It looks like the government is following the Walmart marketing strategies. Why not? Apparently, they work.

Comments

Popular Posts